Here at Dermalure, it is our mission to offer you only the best products for your skin. Whether your skin is sensitive, oily, dry, or a combination, we are prepared to help. Our products are advanced and developed, and are made to help with any skin issues you may have. Sometimes it is our genetics that leave us with skin problems, but there are lesser-known factors such as stress that can affect skin more than one might think.
Stressed Out Skin
As if it weren’t bad enough already, stress can affect more than just our mood. Stress can show up on your skin in unexpected ways, including the following:
- Acne: When you are experiencing stress, cortisol, a hormone appropriately known as the “stress hormone” is released, which can throw off the other hormones in your body and cause unwanted breakouts. Stress also has the ability to affect the balance of good and bad bacteria in your gut, which can show up in many ways, acne being one of them.
- Under-Eye Bags: Stress can consume your mind, thus making it harder to fall asleep and/or get a full night’s rest. This lack of sleep is one of the causes of under-eye bags, which comes from excess fluids and fat that can develop around your lower eyelids.
- Dry Skin: If your stress leaves you not drinking enough water, or drinking excess coffee, your body may easily be dehydrated. If your body isn’t hydrated enough, your skin will be let dryer and more flaky.
- Rashes: Epidermal skin cells are strong and packed tightly together to form a protective barrier that works to block bacteria and other infectious agents. When you feel stressed, this protective layer doesn’t work as well, and the outermost layer can break, which can lead to rashes, or worse.
- Lackluster Skin: If you hold a large amount of stress, the skin growth cycle can begin to move more slowly, which can allow dead skin cells to build up on your face and make your skin look more dull.
- Fine Lines: The hormone cortisol also triggers an increase in blood sugar, which can damage your natural collagen, and leave more lines and wrinkles.
Contact Your Skincare Professionals Today
If you are worried about the effects of aging on your skin, acne, or have any other skin concerns, we are ready and equipped to help. We have endless amounts of products to choose from, which are good for a variety of skin types. If you have any questions or concerns, or are ready to find the perfect product for you, feel free to give us a call at (877) 336-4652, or fill out the form on our contact page. We look forward to speaking with you!