What’s Inside The Jessner Peel?
This medium-depth at-home chemical peel integrates a lactic acid (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), salicylic acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), resorcinol, along with other components, to provide a peel with less potential side effects, but with a combined higher benefit than each individual ingredient could provide on its own. Beta hydroxy and alpha hydroxy acids are typically used for superficial chemical peels. Resorcinol is structurally and chemically identical to phenol, a chemical used for deep chemical peels. Ingredients for this peel is: Salicylic Acid (14%), Lactic Acid (14%), Resorcinol (14%), Reagent Alcohol, No Animal Testing, Paraben Free, Made in the USA.
Lactic acid has exfoliating and whitening effects and stimulates the formation of collagen, a special protein that makes skin elastic and firm. It’s is significantly softer and lighter than other fruit acids, which is why it is mainly recommended for delicate skin, sensitive skin. It also infuses and sustains moisture in your skin.
Salicylic acid has a skin-thinning, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. It eases itching and increases healing of superficial skin defects.
Resorcinol is the third active component of the peel which intensifies the action of the acids. Resorcinol erodes dead and uneven skin while sterilizing the skin with its antiseptic properties.
These balanced proportions of chemicals work in unison to provide a potent layering exfoliator of the epidermis, leaving clear, even and smooth skin underneath. Our at-home Jessner Peel is generally safe for most skin types and is especially effective for normal to oily, sun damaged, dull, and uneven skin. With the Jessner Peel, skin is renewed and rejuvenated.
Benefits of the Jessner Chemical Peel
This peel is perfect for people with uneven skin tone, wrinkles, acne, fine lines and sun damage. This peel is an excellent catalyst of collagen and elastin production stimulation in dermal connective tissue (skin). Use Jessner’s Peel for the following:
- Reduction of acne and clogged pores
- Improved skin tone, texture and clarity
- Increase in collagen and elastin production
- Smoothing of shallow wrinkles and fine lines
- Treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis and Eczema (red, itchy rashes)
- Treatment of photoaging (your skin damage over time to UV rays)
- Treatment of age spots, hyperpigmentation, and freckles
- *Darker skin tones (particularly Fitzpatrick 4, 5, and 6) should proceed with caution due to an increased risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from resorcinol exposure